What's Your Mission?


What's Your Mission?



About a month ago an awesome friend of mine shared this picture above in a text message to a few of us guys that are in a men's group that meets every couple of weeks and it has stuck with me ever since. Seeing those words along with the picture immediately reminded me of something that my High School English teacher (Ms. Langford) use to say quite often. "Birds of the same feather flock together." There are many other sayings that are along the same lines, but these have always stuck out to me. 

I feel that I am surrounded by some incredible people that have made me and are helping make me into the best version of myself I can become. I am very grateful to have them in my life. I think about where I started on my journey and those that have invested in me along the way as well and the gratefulness keeps swelling up and overflowing. 

These relationships have pushed me to discover and seek after my "Why" every day. Some days are tougher than others, but the struggles make it way sweeter in the end. I have really reviewed how I was spending my time and now there is a lot more engaged time rather than 'veg-out' time zoned out. Reading, excising, ect... have now become pleasurable for me instead of painful.  The mindset was the key there. With this being said, the writing of this post as it ends is really for me to reflect and acknowledge that growth is happening and to keep at it & keep surrounding myself with others that are looking to grow and go in the same direction of being leaders in their homes, communities & their countries. For those of you that have made and are making an impact in my life & am very thankful and hope that one day I return the favor as well. 

-Colin

Helpful Resources:

http://www.success.com/
http://www.inc.com/

"Act in accordance to your values."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivational Monday #247: Adapting is not a luxury if....

Motivational Monday #258: Give Up

Motivational Monday #240: Joy in the Journey, not just the Destination