Gratitude Challenge

Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

This Sunday at church we were all challenged for the next 30 days to write down 5 things we are grateful for daily, with the catch that we can't us the same thing twice. Me, being the math nerd that I am did some quick mental math and realized that I will have to come up with only 150 things that I'm grateful for. This seems way more manageable to me than I first thought. I mean, if I can't come up with 150 things that I'm grateful for then I must be living my life with blinders on. I feel truly blessed in life, no matter what my circumstances are once I look at the big picture. 
This is going to be a fun journey and exercise for me and if you're up for the challenge I encourage you to join in. Just think about it; if we focus on things that we are grateful for then that will raise our spirits and we can't help but life a fuller & more joy-filled life.
Here are my 5 for day 1 of this exercise:
1) I am grateful for my wonderful family 2) I am grateful for my amazing friends 3) I am grateful that I live in a free country 4) I am grateful that I have been saved through grace 5) I am grateful for having clean water

Comments

  1. Love the diagram Colin...and every bit of this couldnt be more true: "leading with gratitude".
    Today and every day, I am grateful for:
    1. My Family
    2. The good health of my loved ones
    3. My journey with God
    4. My relationships with the people around me
    5. My desire to Give and give back

    Thank you for making me think about it - have a good day !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Motivational Monday #247: Adapting is not a luxury if....

Motivational Monday #258: Give Up

Motivational Monday #240: Joy in the Journey, not just the Destination