Community



"We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community... Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own." ~Cesar Chavez 


These last few weeks I have been reminded a a few things that I feel are huge in living a full life that stays healthy. First, I am blessed with a truly amazing family that is big, loud and always around. We are a little loco at times and that's what makes it even sweeter. I know some people aren't very connected with family and my heart goes out to them. I know over the years many of my family has been that one to welcome in others that didn't have a family and they have become part of ours. It's truly special. 

I'm also blessed with a great group of friends. We have had soo many shared experiences throughout life that the bonds have just grown stronger over the years. I truly believe that my friends are an extension of my family and really try to treat that as such; though that means they'll see the best and worst in me as I feel most comfortable with being exposed around them. 

A group of us guys have restarted a tradition of bi-weekly breakfast again after way too long off from doing it to reconnect again and be invested on each others lives. It's been such a blessing to have this tradition come back and strengthen the friendships again. We've even begun planning monthly get togethers so the families can all be together as well. As we've all gotten older over the years our lives have changes and families expanded so it'll be amazing to have us all back together again in real community.

It's very sweet to be able to invest in the lives of others (it kind of works like a reverse blessing most of the time) and to have that kindness returned. I guess my call from all of this is to encourage everyone to strive to be intentional in your relationships, new or old. If we believe they are worth having then lets invest in them as if we really believe so.

As always....All the BEST!

-Colin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivational Monday #247: Adapting is not a luxury if....

Motivational Monday #258: Give Up

Motivational Monday #261: Resilience Recipe