Time Well Spent? You Decide

Time is the the only thing that I can think of that we all start the day with the same amount of. Some people have more talent, money, creativity or energy, but we all are equal when it comes to 24 hours in a day. How we spend those 24 hours is 100% up to us.

How many times to we find ourselves saying "I wish I had the time to _____." The truth is that we do have the time to do whatever that "it" is, is just that we haven't made it a priority or a high enough priority to let something go in order to cleave to the new. There could be a myriad of reasons that you either aren't letting go of something currently or making time for something that you say you want. There is no need to go into that, though I think one of the biggest reasons is fear. I've always thought fear isn't a bad thing at all, it's just a matter of how much control you allow fear to have in your life. Fear is present in battle, before public speaking and many other things. I believe it keeps us grounded, but if it keep s us from reaching for our dreams it has us captive and that it's healthy.

I found the chart below and twice I made my own lines of time spent. The first was what I desire my time to be spent more on and the second I had to step back and see how I really am spending my time. Guess what....the two weren't identical. It did provide for me a visual aid so I can see where I want to be spending my time and therefore reflecting my priorities. It also let me know where I need to let go as well.

As always, All the Best!

-Colin

A few quotes....

It is not enough to be busy, so are the ants. The question is, 'What are we busy about?'
 ~Henry David Thoreau

Keep in mind that you are always saying 'no' to something. If it isn't to the apparent, urgent things in your life, it is probably to the most fundamental, highly important things. Even when the urgent is good, the good can keep you from your best, keep you from your unique contribution, if you let it.
~Stephen Covey

Spend time with those you love. One of these days you will say either, "I wish I had," or "I'm glad I did."
 ~Zig Ziglar


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Motivational Monday #247: Adapting is not a luxury if....

Motivational Monday #258: Give Up

Motivational Monday #240: Joy in the Journey, not just the Destination